Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! OS drive backup fails convertion to microsoft VHD

I have four different drives backed up on a 2008 r2 server and the OS drive is the only drive that will not convert to a VHD.  It fails every time.  I have created conversion jobs for the other drive individually and they all run fine all using the s...

klfisher by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! sv2i convert to vmware

Hi,   i want to convert a backup file from Symantec System Recovery 2013 (sv2i) file.   the machine is a Windows 7 64 bit, with 2 partions;  1. (100 MB) System Partion;  2. (250 GB) C-Drive.   In System Recovery 2013 is a option to conver...

rukraft by Level 4
Partner
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

booting from a cloned hard on a laptop

Hi, I cloned a linux CentOS hard drive of a server PC which included a LVM. Then I connected my external hard to the usb port of my laptop. I wanted to boot my laptop from the CentOS of external hard so i could use the programs which were installed...

aria62 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

SSR 2013 virual conversion to Esxi 5x issue

All,   I just converted a backup image from an SBS 2003 (made with SSR 2011) with SSR 2013 to an esxi 5 server. The conversion went successful but the converted server does not show up in in the esx inventory... The VM does show in the datastore. I t...

Resolved! V2P Restore

I need to move a Virtual Server (SBS 2011) to the Physical Server it is running on,  (orginal needs of mutiple servers is no longer there). I am running Hyper-V which therefore means I have *.vhd files to restore from. I was under the impression, tha...

kaniwi by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error EC8F1F44: Cannot mount recovery point From SSR 2011

I am trying to setup a test environment with SSR 2011 by converting many of my production machines to virtual machines. To start I need to get the DC convert (drives C (boot), to virual disks...I get a  -Error EC8F1F44: Cannot mount recovery point 'f...

Q: Where i can Download the SBESR 8.5 Package?

Hello, We have a SSR 2011 Virtual Edition. Now i deploy the SSR on all Guestmashines. One Mashine is a Windows Server 2000. During the Installation i get the Message, that i must install a SBESR Version 8.5 while the System is a 2000 Windows Server....

reneHartman by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2011 - can not restore running system

We have a Hyper-V server HOSTA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64) with 2 guests SBSA (Windows SBS 2008 SP2 x64) and APPSA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64). Both SBSA and APPSA have Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed, and ...

Resolved! Import old backup into System Recovery 2011

I created a backup image file of my system drive, which now exists in a .v2i file. I want to convert this to a virtual machine image but the interface requires the backup is 'visible' as a previously created recovery point. Since I am now in a 'disas...

Restoring Server at remote site - All Methods Fail

We have a Hyper-V server HOSTA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64) with 2 guests SBSA (Windows SBS 2008 SP2 x64) and APPSA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64). Both SBSA and APPSA have Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed, and bac...

Resolved! Drives missing / not listed for backup including OS drive

I have already had a good look and investigate other posts made but looks like I need to start my own. These are all the drives on my system as seen in 'Computer' under Windows Explorer (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. None of the drives are in RAID and ...

BESR Management Solution 2010 - Individual files backup

In the BESR Manager there are only 2 backup policies ( Recovery point set and One time backup) Is there any way at all to configure the BESR Management Solution\Altiris Notification Server to backup Individual folders (eg My Docs) from multiple Deskt...

Jaco_Malan by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR : from Physical Server to Hyper-V

Hello Experts,   I'll need a bit advice on how to troubleshoot this to make its workable.  I have tried all below testing but all the OS still unbootable as a VM from the Hyper-V, am I missing something?   I did the normal backup that creates .v2i fi...

sQew by Level 3
Certified
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels