Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Timestamp in backup file names possible?

Hi, Is there a way to have backup file names include the date/timestamp? Current backup files are names as "DESKTOP_C_Drive003.v2i" Would like to have something like "DESKTOP_C_Drive003_01152016.v2i

alirz by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unique folders not being created for each backup

Hi, Im currently trying the free trial of system recovery to judge if it works better than another propect backup application im evaluating. The option to create "invidividual folder for each backup" doesnt work. I'm backing up one drive on my comp...

alirz by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Snapshot Error

SSR 2013 R2 11.1.2.51177 -- Win 7 Ultra 64. Backup has worked OK for the past few months.  Today I am getting the following errors.  I am attempting to backup to my desktop computer with only two hard drives "C" and "U".  I did a search, but could n...

TenOC by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Windows 10 Issue

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.  I am using System Recovery 2013, Ver. 11.0.2.49853.  The installation date is Monday, December 14, 2015.  After the upgrade to Windows 10 it changed to a Trial Version with an Expired License.  How do I ...

SR job fails creating snapshot on C drive hidden volume

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System Reserved (*:\), (C:\) (4).     Error E4F3000E: Snapshot failure while using Volume Shadow Copy Service. Please check application event log for VSS errors. Error code: VSS_...

Resolved! Data1.cab files 32 k 64 bit

I am using sir to backup and restore windows 7 virtual machines. After the install we noticed 2 large data1.cab files 32 bit and 64 bit. What are these files used for and can I safely remove them?  

what happened with personal backup software in Symentec?

Guys, can you help me to understand, what's happening with pc backup software in Symantec / Norton. At first I had restore anywhere, then they retired it and I had to buy Ghost. Then Ghost got retired and they replaced it with System Recovery. About...

ggolub by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! restore

I have a backup external drive from 2010 that contains files I would like to restore.   It has a copy of Symantec backup on it, but I cannot install it as I get a message the program does not like Windows 7.   The backup files have an extension V2i. ...

Waggy by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Disk creation error

Hello I have had to install my Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 on my laptop (windows 7 x86) and when I try to create the restore disc I get this message:  Error while launching Symantec recovery disk wizard. Error ECA30BBE: A media-writing o...

Resolved! Editing "Backup Status" pie chart setpoints

Hello, I posted a similar request 2 years ago when SSR was at v2011, but it seems there hasn't been any change since. https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/atention-needed-report-show-older-180-days I'm now using SSR 2013R2 and wondering i...

McSpud by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Change encryption passphrase on SSR 2013 R2

Hello All, We have a windows 7 workstation which is  being backed up by SSR and all backups are being encrypted. Due to the length and the complexity of the encryption passphrase we had some difficulties when trying to restore/recover data from the...

Dhanushka by Level 3
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

veritas system recovery for windows 10

Has Symantec or Veritas released a Windows 10 version of SSR and I miss the notice?   If not does anyone know a schedule date?   I want to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 because some people say 10 is faster, but I will not until I have a good backu...

TenOC by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Backup scheduled at logoff / shutdown not working

Ok, so I followed all steps described in the users guide to make SSR 2013 perform a full system backup at log off, you know, an event-triggered backup, choosing to star the backup when "Any user logs offto the computer". However, backups are not work...

SSR 2013 R2 confusion

I make backups several times a week, I just deleted some old backup files thinking I wouldn't need them.  When I try to recover a file, it says the file is deleted.  And the file folder it is looking for is deleted, but shouldn't it be looking at the...

Resolved! where are the drivers, which i have added?

Hello, i have an SSRD 2011 USB Recovery Stick, in which some drivers are added. Can i copy/paste the added drivers in the new one? Where are the directory of the manuell added drivers?

SSR20xx by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels