Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Create a Recovery USB Stick only for BIOS Systems

Hello, can i only create a Recovery USB Stick for BIOS Systems? The Windows 7 is installed in the BIOS Version. The Image is also a BIOS Version.When i boot with the Recovery USB Stick, it always boots in EFI Mode. I know, i can change in the boot ...

SSR20xx by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symatec System Recovery 2013 R2 Crashes

I am running a trial of Symatec System Recovery 2013 R2. I want to try a restore of a whole image but it seems I need to create a recovery disk.  I want to try the disk recovery feature but it fails, either nothing happens when I press the option or...

Resolved! Recovery Points Unavailable Messages Can't be Hidden

Hi--I'm forced to manually delete recovery points for SSR on a remote client's NAS to make room on an irregular basis. I've tried to hide or suppress the 'recovery points unavailable' messages they get several times a day, but it doesn't seem to work...

mrausher by Not applicable
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full Backupset creating in the second week of month

Hello, i have an question about the SSR Management Console create an backup policy. there are about 107 clients to backup. we only have an Gbit Cable on the backup server. i want to backup 10 clients in a backup set on the first week (Saturday) of...

SSR20xx by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

vmdk to v2i

Можно ли так переконвертировать или восстановить реальную Windows из образа сконвертированного когда-то образа v2i? | Can I convert or so to restore the real Windows from earlier the converted image once the image v2i?

Resolved! HELP!!! CANT RESTORE WINDOWS 7

Hallo. Experts, geeks, MVP’s,J I hope you people can help. We currently have a very big problem. Suddenly we cannot backup and restore any windows 7 pc. Our image is deployed with software central. It’s both x86 and x64 image.  Our server that dep...

No "Recovery Point Type" Panel in SSR 2013 R2 Trial?

Hi, I'm evaluating the SSR 2013 R2 trial and have been unable to confiure drive-based backup jobs for incremental backups (i.e., Recovery point set instead of independent recovery point). When I define backup jobs I never see the "recovery point typ...

Creating a custom recovery disk with recovery path?

Hello all,   I am wondering if it is possible to create a custom recovery disk, that includes: --boot up files --additional drivers for NICs --path to the recovery location --credentials to access the path --and a way to get it going with mini...

aestevez by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! SSR-2013 R2 BACKUP SCHEDULE-LIMITATIONS BY JOBS/TASKS

QUESTION NO.1. when we use Jobs & Tasks, and repeat the backup job by one hour(example), It overrides on the Recovery Point & Do not create new RECOVERY POINT. Case is same in both(destination & offsite destination). We have checked option to “creat...

Resolved! Spec request 4 latest full backups (no Incremental)

Hi Gents The clients' technical request in specification is to provide 4 latest full backups on quaterly basis (every four months). No Incremental backups in between. So 4 latest full backups must be available. Problem We are struggling to find ho...

vladkos by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Install SSR 2013 R2 run failed

hi Symantec sensei Currently I'm struggling with installation of plug-ins, agents, SSR 2013 R2 with user interface on the end-point stations(200 stations) from SSR Management console (7.5.3153). Mostly it goes good, but some stations ignore the inst...

vladkos by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Speed Up Recovery Time

When creating a backup of our system(s), at most it will take 30 minutes.  When restoring that data to a new drive (from a network location), it can take almost 48 hours (depending on the size of the backup).  Are there some configuration changes tha...

Accessing v2i file from 2009

I have a .v2i backup file made in 2009 from a machine that is now long dead.  I would like to be able to at least inspect the contents of this file.  So far, following advice found in this forum and other places, I have tried: "Ghost Explorer" progr...

Resolved! SSR Does not see Drive Volume Label

I am in process of replacing a backup drive with a new larger drive.  I have created a drive label for the new drive which ssr sees in the status and advanced windows.  You can see the new drive Hitachi_3000 (I:\) However when I go to move the B...

Need to switch main backup drive with off-site drive

Currently the backups are to M: (label WD_1000) and off-sites to G: (label Hitachi_3000_1017). I want to switch so that the backups go to G: and the off-sites to M: without losing the connection between the current backup sets.  I am assuming all I...

Labels