Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Delete contents of backup drive

How do I delete the contents of my backup disk drive where Symantec stores all the backup data.  I had to re-do my computer, so would like to start from scratch, so to speak?

psoutham by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 vss writer errors

sql 2014 is installed   no backups will work, tried every options, makes no difference   same error always     -Error E4F3000F: Unexpected VSS writer error. Check the application event log for writer specific error. Failed VSS writers: SqlSe...

Reparing SSR 2013 R2

Hello, Recently I found a reparing process in SSR, which is not proposed in the users'book ! Last two years, with Windows 8.1, I was suffering many troubles with the SSR Agent (if the computer remains unused during two weeks or if you change a hard ...

Does backup have to be mounted to browse files?

Hi....I converted from Ghost a year or so ago. I don't think until today I ever had the occasion to browse a recovery point backup and try to recover or view just one file. I did that today and got very strange results. I was able to open the backup...

SSR 2013 desktop do not cleanup recovery points

Hi, Windows 8.1 PRO SSR 2013 R2 desktop edition 11.1.0.53728 I´m currently testing SSR and found it do not delete old recovery points as it should. I have 1 backup job defined where I backup my machine as a image every monday, tuesday, wednesday,...

Recovery Question

I'm so used to using the original Ghost 15 that now that I have Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 I'm a little confused. When I backed up using Ghost I would see three partitions..... C drive, System and D drive When I backed up my W8.1 machine, the...

Symantec System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition

I installed this for myself and for a client in mid-2014. Now, the client's installation seems to have gone wrong and I need to re-install. Sadly, the software downloads only seem to include a 'recovery disk' with no apparent means of re-installing...

Resolved! Recovery disk can't communicate on network

I can't get my recovery CD to communicate with devices on my network.  I tried DHCP first, which clearly timed out and didn't give me an address on my network.  I also tried statically assigning the address of my computer.  Doing that, I can ping my ...

BGood by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid target drive

Occasionally when I boot into the recovery screen (using LOR) and select a date recovery SSR shows invalid target drive. The remedy is to highlight the recovery point and select edit, then select the target volume and then OK. Then go back to the r...

DStain by Level 5
  • 48 replies
  • 2 kudos

Inconsistent failure to back up with SSR 2013 R2

I get a notice that my current back-up failed to back up RETools(*:\).  In the set up it treats RETOOLS as a disk that needs to be backed up along with C drive etc.  I don't know what RETOOLS is or if I need it to back up.  It will back up correct...

doug44 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot from SSR 2013 R2 Recovery Disk

I assume it goes without saying that the SecureBoot for UEFI-based computers must be disabled to permit booting from the SSR 2013 R2 Recovery Disk via an internal DVD/CD drive.  The following information is provided by Microsoft support: "After disa...

Resolved! SSR2013 - ERROR: Installation failed with error -532462766.

Hey everybody, For some reason the Symantec website does not let me create a new support case (times out), therefor I'm hoping this forum might be of any help. I'm trying to install SSR2013 R2 for one of my clients (W8.1 Pro 64bit). When I run brow...

andydtn by Level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to create SRD from System Recovery 2013 R2

I am unable to create an ISO or DVD for my installation of System Recovery 2013 R2.   I keep getting the following error regardless as to what I try: Error ECA31796: Failed to save attributes for c:\users\admin~1\appdata\local\temp\773f5526-b321-4...

Resolved! Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Questions

Hi friends! I have 3 questions about Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2. Many thanks for your help!     1. Monday to Sunday (except Tuesday) I make a "Schedule backup" at 12:10. Tuesdays I do a "Recovery Point Base" at 12:10. If I miss Tuesday's ...

gardis by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Norton Security + Symantec System Recovery = Problems

Friends. I get so tired when two products from the same manufacturer collide with each other. In my case it is Norton Security by Symantec (version 22.1.0.9) and Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 (version 11.1.0.53728) that do not like each other. ...

gardis by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels