Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Best Way to Restore Using System Recovery 2011

I wonder if anyone can help me: We have Client Server Dell PowerEdge T410, and everyday we backup on tape using Backupexe to tape and full system backup using Symantec System Recovery 2010 on USB drive. Now we have a new server Dell PowerEdge T310 Ra...

Updating SSR 2013 without network access

Dear all,   Is there any other method to update symantec system recovery 2013 without liveupdate? I cannot access network at my site office. And also, how to configure the backup job to overwrite the previous image? It's really struggling. Please kin...

elroykhlo by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SSR 2013 and Hyper-V Error

Hi all, We are a small shop running a server with Windows 2012 Standard with Hyper-V.  We have 4 hyper-V VMs running and we have SSR 2013 installed on the Windows 2012 host.  I have searched through these forums and have found that SSR 2013 is capabl...

CQ by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2013 virual conversion to Esxi 5x issue

All,   I just converted a backup image from an SBS 2003 (made with SSR 2011) with SSR 2013 to an esxi 5 server. The conversion went successful but the converted server does not show up in in the esx inventory... The VM does show in the datastore. I t...

SSR 2011 launch backup from command line

Ok so we want to hide the tray icon for SSR 2011 as we manage it all via Altiris 7.1. When you setup a machine for backups it will not start automatically and our guys at the sites want an immediate backup. So anyone know how i can get a backup t...

Problems with full VSS backup in BESR 2010

Hi,  Hoping I can get some assistance. Windows 2008 server running MS Exchange 2010 backups are configured to create independent recovery point    in the log file each morning is the following      Info 67B70171: VSS Writer ASR Writer failed.Check th...

AliCarr by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to install System Recovery 2013 Management Solution

Hi all, I want to update my installation of SSR 2011 Management Console on a Windows 2008 R2 64bit server. I know that I must use Symantec Installation Manager, but the problem is that in the list of products I don't find the new version (2013). Any ...

lp76 by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2013 hang after backup deleted

Dear All,     I have created a set of backup at the storage by SSR 2013. However, after I accidentally deleted the storage backup. SSR 2013 always at the status of scanning disk and cause the windows server hang. Do you all have any idea of this situ...

elroykhlo by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error message when try to run a buckup

Hi,   I am using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5. When I try to run a backup , error message appear that cannot retrieve backup job properties. kindly help me on this issue.    Thanks.

Oman311 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring Domain Controllers

Here is the scenerio.   Two Windows 2003 Standard DCs. (Server A and B)   Server A holds all FSMO roles and was the first DC in the domain.   Server B was added later and is just a backup.   Server A's AD got corrupted and needs to be restored.  I ha...

Resolved! File and Folder Backup

Hi - I am running SSR 2013 and I'm doing a daily File and Folder Backup , but I noticed that it defaults to an incremental and only backs up the changed files. I want to force it to backup the Files/Folder regardless of whether it changed or not.  An...

cindy_k by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2011 Managed Console backing up EISA Configuration

Ok did a search and didnt find it.. We are starting go get SSR 2011 (yes will do 2013 later).. some of our test machines are looking good. We have a vendor box that showed up and still has the eisa configuration partition of 64mb...  SSR didnt automa...

SSR2013 - MIB OID not working - No such object

I'm trying to work with OID's for Symantec to take up the slack from our RMM system which has not integrated its management features with Symantec System Recovery as effectively as I would have liked. I'm hoping by using OID's rather than an event lo...

_jam by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

General Problem with Offsite Copy to USB

Hi,   I currently look after approximately 100ish System Recovery installs from the days of 8.5 through to 2013 (majority on 2011 or 2013) all on windows server operating systems from 2003 - 2012. We have a pretty general problem with offsite usb dri...

Resolved! Restore anywhere drive considerations

Hi Experts, I have a DC being backedup using SSR 2013,The C drive being backed up is allocated 120GB,wherein only 20 GB is used space .I have a backup job running successfully using SSR.I need to restore this server in my vmware environment.I tried t...

Labels