Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Edit file in backup

Restoring from an image is failing. I believe there is a bad line in the boot.ini file that is the cause. I would like to edit the boot.ini file that is in the image, but I can figure out how to do that hand have the changes saved. Is there a way?

amplb11 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No SSR 2013 R2 service packs showing in SIM

I assume this has been answered somewhere already but cant find the solution.  I cant seem to work out how to get the latest service packs for SSR 2013 R2 to appear in SIM.  I seem to be running management platform 7.6 HF7 and SSR 2013 R2 11.1, but I...

mthrall by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Subfolders for each drive

Hallo, ich erstelle seit Jahren ein Backup aller Laufwerke mit einem Task. (Ein Task für alles) Ist es möglich, für jedes Laufwerk einen Unterordner im Backup-Ordner zu erstellen? als Beispiel: C:\ -> S:\SSR-Backup\Server_C_Drive\Server_C_Drive.v...

Script push agent deployment

Is it possible to script an agent deployment from the SSR server. I see none of the switches available enable a remote PC to be specififed.? We plan on using powershell to do this?   Thanks

SSR 2013 R2 SP4 for Altiris CMS (SSR-MS 2013 R2 SP4)

Ok so I downloaded SSR from my veritas page as my license entitles... Typically the old way to get SSR-MS installed is to launch SIM and it will show as available. Is there a documented procedure now going forward on how to install the "Management P...

Resolved! PostSnap failed

Error in EventLog Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Windows (C:\), DNA (D:\), Data (E:\). Error E4F3000C: PostSnap failed. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)  

Jarmo by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Please Upvote SSR Copy Virtual Disk to Virtual Disk Idea

If you want the ability to clone a VHD/X to another VHD/X by simply mounting both virtual disks and using SSR's Disk Copy, pleae click this link to upvote the SSR Copy Virtual Disk to Virtual Disk idea! https://www.veritas.com/community/ideas/ssr-co...

AirGig by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Better messages needed in SSR 2013 R2 Service Pack 4

For the developers: First, thank you for continuing to improve the one program I rely on to protect my job by saving my bacon, er, data! A couple of comments about the SP4 installation experience: The SP4 update program nor the Change Log mention ...

AirGig by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can't Backup windows server 2012 R2 drive C: and D:

Dears; please i need your help with the following issue : i cant backup windows server 2012 R2 server with Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 all Drives (C: ; D:) i always got the following error :   Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points fo...

ihajjar by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to use SSR 2013 R2 SP3 with PowerShell ?

Hello, I want to use symantec system recovery 2013 R2 SP3 with PowerShell. I use the following Management Console : SSR 2013 R2 SP3 MS. I saw the script on ...\SSR 2013 R2 SP3\Sym_System_Recovery_2013R2_11.1.3.55088_Multilingual_Product\Docs\Autom...

Help needed: I need to re-download my SSR 2011 software

I have a server that I had to rebuild. The server had Symantec System Recovery 2011 installed. My client does not know where their software is located. Is there a way to download the software from the web. We have the license key but not the install ...

TenTECH by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! CANNOT FIND UPDATE SP4 in SIM

I was searching for update SP4 on SIM but it doesn't show up. I saw that SP4 requires to update notification server from 7.5 SP1 to 7.6. I did the update, still nothing. Only HF7 for 7.6 was shown. I installed also that, but still no SP4 is shown for...

Resolved! Automate one off backup of F: drive

Hi, I am Looking to automate a one off backup of F: on a 2003 server and automate the restore on a new 2008 server. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this please ? Thanks/

Recovery Disk Not Working

I am really struggling to get a working recovery disk using SSR 2013 R2.   We have 2 different scenarios and in both cases the recovery disk creation utility does not create a working recovery disk.   Scenario 1 is a Dell blade server running Ser...

mthrall by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Needing Symantec System Recovery 2011 Disk

I have a licensed and activated verison of Symantec System Recovery 2011 running on Windows Server 2008 r2 and I'm wanting to create a bootable recovery disk.  When I goto the file connect site and enter my license number I get this message below: - ...

Resolved! BackupExec & SSR

Just curious, is backup exec and ssr are merged into a single product?   Previously for folder backup I was using backupexec using backup agent and for image recover SSR using another agent.   What is the recent change in the product line?

Labels