Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Excessive Backup Time

I am using SSR 2013 on a Win XP system. I have installed all the components that were specified prior to SSR 2013 installation (WIN & .Net 4). Installation went smoothly with no errors reported. However, when I try to perform the initial backup, what...

hwrd69 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Smaller HD to Larger HD

I'm using SSR 2013 version 11.0.2 boot CD to upgrade an 80GB hard disk to 250GB. SSR 2013 is not installed on the Windows XP PC. The (source) 80GB disk is partitioned into C (40GB) and D (40GB). I was able to boot off SSR2013 CD to backup the 80GB H...

Morph27 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2013 Recovery Disk Does Not Boot

I have the SSR 2013 Recovery Disk and Have also downloaded the SSR 2013 SP2 Recovery Disk and neither will boot for over 30-45 minutes. What has gone wrong with this product. SSR 2011 works fine and boots up in a couple of minutes.   With SSR 201...

ITJonny by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BESRv7 move to Win7Pro

I have a WinXP PC that is retiring.  Is it possible to move the BESR installation to the Win7Pro replacement PC?  If so, is there any documentaion.  thanks

the same GUID on two computers

I have two computers with the same GUID in Altiris Agent.  So I deleted them from SSR-MS, then reset Guid (AeXAgentUtil.exe /resetguid), and then restart agent. But when I checked them it had again the same new GUID.  So I've found on Altiris KB som...

Error EC8F17B7 along with Error ED800012: (CRC Validation) is invalid & Error E4F3000E: Snapshot failure while using Volume Shadow Copy Service

Hi I am trying to backup a PC using SSR2013 (Desktop ed). I have created a custom backup job to run on schedule but the backup continuously fails. I find the following error in the event log afterwards: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points f...

Zaid_1a by Level 3
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! System Recovery 2013 error on scheduled job

Hi there.   I have a huge problem on a windows XP workstation running a small "server" application. Every time the scheduled job starts, it quits with the following error:   Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Ba...

Restoring Ghost 15 in windows 8

I did a full system backup of my XP files onto an nexternal hard drive. Now I want to copy and pasted into my new windows 8 computer. I can find the file in "my computer" but it won't open. Help??

Restore failed with Symantec System recovery 2013

Hi, Iam new to Symantec system recovery, I need the help, I have installed system recovery 2013 in desktop, it contain windows xp OS with 300 GB  hard disk as single partition, after that I use this imagae to recovery to another desktop with same har...

NBU_13 by Level 6
Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! C: not recognized by System Recovery 2010, after replacement

Installed in August was a 600GB Western Digital Enterprise class 10k RPM HDD. There have been no backups sense the time of the HD replacement. I can open Symantec and Find under where "normally" there would be a list of HD's installed on the machin...

adam5 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels