Symantec Help (SymHelp)
A multi-product diagnostic tool Identifies common issues Gathering data for support assisted troubleshooting Provides links and useful support resource information
Note: Symantec He...
Prior to using Deduplication get an accurate snapshot of your system requirements. The first steps include determining what supported deduplication storage device and the type of deduplication you are going to use prior to installing the Deduplicatio...
LiveUpdate's task is to keep Backup Exec fit, healthy, and up to date.
Times to run LiveUpdate:
For new installations:
When having issues with Backup Exec
Periodically during scheduled times
When upgrading Backup Exec:
Run LiveUpdate following a new...
There are 3 ways Backup Exec 2012 can be licensed:
A. import a Symantec License File (SLF)
1. From the “Add Licenses” screen, click Import From File.
2. Browse to the location where to you saved the .slf file.
3. Select the SLF.
4. Click Open.
Some issues that may occur if BESA does not have the required rights:
• Backups or Restores are failing
• Log on Account Errors
• In the backup selections “Enable Trust relation" keeps displaying
• During an install of Backup Exec for Windows Ser...
Check to make sure that no other backup programs or maintenance is being run at this time and that Port 10000 isn't being blocked
Under the backup job settings under the Advanced Open File Option set the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy provider to Syst...
another thing to try is a powercycle of the tape drive
1. Power Off the Server completely
2. Power off the Tape Drive then
3. Power on the Tape Drive wait till it is at a 'Ready' State then
4. Power on the Server
also if the device isn't usin...
Regarding the hotfix download, it is located on the right side under Attachments.
Try a repair of the Backup Exec install (through Programs and Features) and of the BEDB http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67239