cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID Controller Replacement on a 5230 Appliance

JasonRkr
Level 4

Anyone have experience replacing the RAID controller on a 5230 appliance?  Is it a simple "replace and go" or are there additional steps that you need to perform?  I have a one that's throwing heat alerts but since it's an old appliance that's out of support Veritas isn't able to help.  We're working with Veritas consulting to migrate off of the appliance, but the concern is the RAID will fail before that's completed.  So, I'm left with either taking a chance and replace it now or hold my breath and hope we migrate before it fails.  Neither of which is a particularly good option.

Thank you,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

the chances of getting an exact match on all of hardware HBA card (+embedded BIOS). plus OS drivers, plus OS itself, plus OS and associated packages... all from what would be an eBay (buyer beware) type market is slim... so... follow the path of least resistance... migrate before it all fails.

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

@JasonRkr - Since you are out of support, I would advise not to physically fiddle or tamper with the appliance in any shape or form. Just keep on migrating your data until you are done. From experience, heat alerts would not normally not impact the appliance performance. Just ensure proper cooling is in place around the device. You might need to even double the cooling. All the best.