cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000e006 - A backup storage read/write error has occurred - Backup Exec 20.2

Pfloyd007
Level 2

I am using a Synology NAS to store my backups. Ever since I upgraded to BE version 20.1 I've been having issues with expired backups deleting. If I selected the "expired backup sets," and expire them again, they disappear, but I don't gain back all of the space. For example I deleted a 2TB backup, and it only freed up about 1/4 of that. Eventually my NAS got full and now when I run a Inventory I get the message above. When I run a catalog I get this error:

Job Log: BEX_EPIDATACENTER_02455.xml

Catalog
V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent. V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent. - Error - Mount failed. Access is denied. - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

I added a separate drive to the same NAS, ran a full backup of the server in question, ran a inventory catalog, worked fine. So it's not my NAS, however maybe my volume for my array is corrupted somehow? I was thinking of backing up to the other "good" backup location temporarily, then maybe formatting my array to get a fresh start. I'm worried the issue might come back, not sure if it's a BE issue or my NAS. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

1 REPLY 1

Pfloyd007
Level 2

I ended up wiping my NAS and that error went away, however, I'm having the same issue that started it to begin with. I even installed a fresh copy of BE20 on another server that is Server 2016. Backup Exec is not deleting expired backup sets, and there are no dependents. I marked the items "expired" a second time, they disappear, but still taking up space on my drive. This is so annoying, pretty soon my NAS will be full again.