cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D2T BE 2010

CASW_Tech
Level 4

I need a walk through of some sort to make sure I don't mess this up. Any articles??

I need to backup server data to a NAS and then once it is finished, copy that information to tapes.

Please advise!

Thank you,

Brandon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

1 You need to create a backup disk folder on NAS  by going to devices in backupexec & right click on backup to disk & click on create new folder & enter the ip address & make new backup to disk folder

2 I presume your library is connected to backup server

3 Considering that now make policy based job for which first make a selection list by going to job setup & select the thing you want to backup

Then click on policy in job setup tab & click on template & in that in device & meida select backup to disk folder selected by you & fill up other details like in general name of that template like daily backup to disk & also enter the schedule for the template

Then click on ok & then click duplicate template & select the device as tape & in schedule select run according to schedule as 3rd checkbox & in general name job as duplicate job to tape click on ok

Finally click on ok for policy & then add the selection list created by you first &  that configure you policy which will run job to disk & then tape

If this clear you dout please mark thos post as resolved

Thank You

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

1 You need to create a backup disk folder on NAS  by going to devices in backupexec & right click on backup to disk & click on create new folder & enter the ip address & make new backup to disk folder

2 I presume your library is connected to backup server

3 Considering that now make policy based job for which first make a selection list by going to job setup & select the thing you want to backup

Then click on policy in job setup tab & click on template & in that in device & meida select backup to disk folder selected by you & fill up other details like in general name of that template like daily backup to disk & also enter the schedule for the template

Then click on ok & then click duplicate template & select the device as tape & in schedule select run according to schedule as 3rd checkbox & in general name job as duplicate job to tape click on ok

Finally click on ok for policy & then add the selection list created by you first &  that configure you policy which will run job to disk & then tape

If this clear you dout please mark thos post as resolved

Thank You

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi CASWTech,

Use the template rule as run duplicate template after completing backup template.

And in the duplicate tmplate choose Run according to the rules of this template.

By doing this you can avoid scheduling the duplicate template. It will start automatically once backup to disk completes.

Regards...