cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEMCLI PowerShell SDK reports BackupExec.Management.CLI.BEUnrecognizedSelection for Linux selection

DavidHomer
Level 3

Hello,

We're currently adding the ability to document BackupExec as part of our Server Documentation Tool and have an issue.

When selecting files for a RedHat Enterprise Linux server from the Backup Exec everything looks fine

Selections.png

SelectionText.png

However when you run the Get-BEBackupDefinition cmdlet the selection shows as BackupExec.Management.CLI.BEUnrecognizedSelection

PowerShell.png

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a bug in the PowerShell cmdlets?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidHomer
Level 3

Hi,

I've just spent time trying to log a support call but your support web site has bugs too and I can't raise the support call. The following errors are displayed.

I think I've highlighted the issue to you as a company now and you have the information you require to raise a support call yourself.

AnotherBug1.png

AnotherBug2.png

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Let me check at my end.

Also, is BE 15 updated with FP2 ?

DavidHomer
Level 3

Hi, yes Feature Pack 2 is installed

Thanks,

Dave

VJware
Level 6

I am getting the same error on my test machines. Would recommend logging a formal support case for us to investigate this further. Thanks.

DavidHomer
Level 3

Hi,

I've just spent time trying to log a support call but your support web site has bugs too and I can't raise the support call. The following errors are displayed.

I think I've highlighted the issue to you as a company now and you have the information you require to raise a support call yourself.

AnotherBug1.png

AnotherBug2.png

Regards,

David

Colin_Weaver

Whilst I know the Backup Exec forums are still Symantec this is only a temporary status and they will be Veritas soon. Most (if not all) of the rest of our operations against Backup Exec should now be performed via the Veritas websites and customer portals. As your screenshot seems to be from Symantec Support you probably need to swap to the My Veritas portal to log a support case for Backup Exec (which might explain your problem)

The My Veritas customer portal is available here:

https://my.veritas.com/

If you cannot login to this and create a support case, then you probably need to speak to someone on the phone, using the Technical Support phone numbers for your country available at:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/contact-us.html

Also please note that it is difficult for forum contributors to log a support case on behalf of a customer as support validation needs to take place against your support agreement.

DavidHomer
Level 3

Hi Colin,

I've tried logging the call on the My Veritas site and had problems with that too.

You have been informed of the fault in your software which has been verified by your own staff, I'll leave this with you.

Regards,

David

DavidHomer
Level 3