cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 job pauses Sharepoint crawls and does not resume job

ADF
Level 3

Backup Exec 2010 job pauses Sharepoint 2010 crawls and does not resume them.  Have to manually restart crawl.  I know this is a known issue with 2010(http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH160422).  I suscribed to receive updates when something came available, but nothing has yet.  Does anyone have any idea when this will be fixed or of workaround so I don't need to restart the crawl everyday?

Thanks,
Adrian

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Is it BE2010 or BE2010 R2 or BE2010 R3 ?

Paul_Jeal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Adrian,

The version for BE2010 is not key, as this has been seen with both BE 2010 R2 and R3. This is currently being investigated by the Engineering team, but as yet we do not have any timescales for a fix. At the moment, the only workaround we have is as detailed in the Tech article; manually restarting the Crawl process.

The Tech article will be updated as soon as we have any further information and sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Paul

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

Hi Adrian,

Not sure why there were two technotes on this issue but this is the one updated most recently showing that the issue is due to be addressed in the next major release of Backup Exec.  Other customers have created a powershell script to restart the search crawl after backup until the issue is fixed.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164222

Russ

Note that I am unpublishing the other duplicate technote, TECH160422,

Jor
Level 3

Hi all,

Russ Perry, can you give us the above script that restart automatically the job ? I have the same problem and try to use a lot of powershell script but the crawn won't restart. Manually it's works...

Thanks

Jor
Level 3

Theses script does not work when the state of crawl is "Suspended by system"...

Jor
Level 3

Hi,

This issue seems to be fixe since the last Bakcup Exec R3 update. For me, the SharePoint crawl is not suspended after farm backup..

Jaagard
Not applicable

We are running BE 2010 R3 and it has not been resolved.  Our crawls are still being paused.