cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Zero Byte Count on Disk Storage while backing up & Restoring

hamedfazelm
Level 2

Hello

I Have Backup Exec 2014.1 On a SBS 2011 Server.

After installing Symantec Endpoint Protection agent on server I restarted Server. After 2 days when I checked BE I saw Jobs didn’t finished during this two day.

I checked storage tab and there wasn’t my disk storage (Disk Storage 0002). I tried to add it via storage configuration and BE prompted It’s already configured. Then I restart Services via BEUtility and Disk Storage 0002 appeared again. But Still Jobs progress is 0% and Byte Count is Zero.

I set a test Run and It Completed Successfully.

I Uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection Agent.

I respond OK to all Alerts.

But Still problem exists.

Restoring Jobs also have Zero Byte Count and there is no progress.

I add another disk storage (Disk storage 0003) and set some jobs for this disk and Jobs successfully completed. Therefore there is some problems with disk storage 0002. I checked Hard SMART information and Also Scanned it with Checkdisk;There was no problem

Please Guide Me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the event viewer or any BE alert contain any more detailed information as to why the Disk Storage cannot be deleted ?

Try the following:-

1. Launch the BE console using elevated rights, i.e. Run as admin.

2) Place all jobs to the Disk Storage 0002 on Hold and then change the storage location of all these jobs to another storage. Check if there any other scheduled utility jobs (such as inventory) for this disk storage or not. If there is, delete those jobs.

3) Try deleting the Disk Storage 0002 now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6
do you see any errors in Window Event logs? Try running a repair on the Backup Exec Database (bedb) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67239

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried deleting Disk Storage 0002 and then creating it again?

hamedfazelm
Level 2

thank you for reply.

I repaired the database. it completed without any error.After that I tried to delete Disk Storage 0002 but BE propmted "Unable to Delete the disk storage, Catastrophic failure"

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the event viewer or any BE alert contain any more detailed information as to why the Disk Storage cannot be deleted ?

Try the following:-

1. Launch the BE console using elevated rights, i.e. Run as admin.

2) Place all jobs to the Disk Storage 0002 on Hold and then change the storage location of all these jobs to another storage. Check if there any other scheduled utility jobs (such as inventory) for this disk storage or not. If there is, delete those jobs.

3) Try deleting the Disk Storage 0002 now.