Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedup backup initiated from caso is really slow

Johnnie_Walker
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello,

the situation is as follows:

2 * BE15 managed server, local storage used as dedup-storage (shared to CASO)

1 * BE 15 CASO, local storage used as dedup.

Backup jobs defined on MBES to the local dedup-storage on the MBES runs at about ~ 3,200 MB/m

The same backup defined on the CASO to the local dedup-storage on the MBES runs at about ~ 120 MB/m.

see screenshots attached.

to the local dedup-storage on the MBES

Is there any solution?

Thank you

J. Walker

1 REPLY 1

1976saint
Level 2

I have the exact same enviro - 1 CASO and 2 MMS server at remote sites and get the same speed issue. They use MPLS (30MB and 60MB speeds) here in the UK. (all running BE14.2 FP5)

To test I have;

On the remote site created a backup job on the MMS to backup a 10GB folder to a De-Dupe device (data domain) then Stage 2 de-dupe this to the CASO server site to a second data domain.

The network speed for the local LAN is +-4000MB/min for stage 1 and Stage 2 is always +-1000MB/m across the WAN.

I then create the same backup job on the CASO and get it to run on the MMS.

The network speed for the local LAN is again +-4000MB/min for stage 1 and Stage 2 is <100MB/m across the WAN.

I'm not sure what involvment the CAS is having during the stage 2 process to drop the WAN data transfer down to -x10 speed?

This bacially renders the Enterprise Option redundant  if transerfing a modest about of data to offsite locations.

I have this same issue on my second remote site to.
As I say I have a call open and if it gets resolved I'll be sure to share it. They've been working on this for over a week now.