cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Stores not showing

Nigel_Chesher
Level 4

I have been backing up our Exchange 2010 for some time using BE 2010 R2. Two days ago, the Information Stores disappeared fromthe selection, and I get the following error:

0x0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Nothing has been changed on the Information Stores or Exchange server. I have checked the settings in the Remote agent configuration tool. I've re-started the agent. I've also re-started all sevices on the BE server. No change!

The strange thing is that I have a 2nd BE server (same build), that is used at another site for large 24hrs+ backups ( so not suitable to use this one for the exchange) that can see the Information Stores!

Any advice much appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are the correct version of the Exchange 2010 Management Tools installed on the Backup Exec server ?

Nigel_Chesher
Level 4

Yes tools are correct version. As mentioned, Worked perfectly one day - next nothing! No changes on either server that I can find.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Nigel,

What happens if you create a new selection list? Does it show anything?

You might also want to try uninstalling the Exchange agent from the media server, and then reinstalling it.

Thanks!

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are both Backup Exec media servers running with the same service-account ?

If they are different, please doublecheck the Exchange mailbox status and rights of this account.

CraigV

...does it matter? It works one day and then the next! If nothing has changed.........indecision

CraigV

...as an aside, you should consider the "free" upgrade to BE 2010 R3. You get to use your current licenses, and R3 fixed a number of issues with BE 2010 and R2.

You can get it on the link below:

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, if the mailbox or rights are removed it can stop working.
The topic starter may not have done it, but maybe another admin.

Nigel_Chesher
Level 4

Thanks Guys, I'll look at these things in the morning and report back.

Nigel_Chesher
Level 4

Exchange server has been rebooted - no change.

The service account is the same on both backup servers, so I know that it's not that.

The only thing I didn't mention before, is that the backup server that I want to do the exchange backup from is on a different domain. That's not been a problem before, and I don't think it is now, as I can see and browse the DAG, I just don't see the Informations stores inside!

Seems maybe I should try the upgrade to R3.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have there been any changes made to the NTFS permissions on the Volumes that have the Exchange data. Could you check and confirm if BE account has enough permissions to access this data.

CraigV

ZeroC00l already asked about the rights a couple of days ago...

Nigel_Chesher
Level 4

Permissions are ok. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to access from the other server. Both use the same serivce account.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited