cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set incremental to run between specific times - Backup Exec 2012

jmcnelis
Not applicable

Hi all, not sure if this can be done but I figured this would be the place to ask.

My client is running Backup Exec 2012 on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard box.  They back up their SQL 2008 R2 Standard database every evening at 2am.  They would like to run incremental backups on the database every 30 minutes starting at 8:30am and going until 1:30am, and then the full will run at 2am as normal.  They would also like the incrementals to be deleted after the full runs, as they only need them in case something needs to be restored during the day.

Is there a way to set the incremantals to only run from 8:30am until 1:30am?  I have it scheduled to run every 30 minutes but that keeps going between 2am and 8:30am, which they don't want.  I set the "Keep for" set for 1 day for the incrementals, so I'm hoping it overwrites the old ones.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Hi, Please review TA pkh's blog:  BE 2012 - Run Job At Certain Hourly Intervals Between Certain Hours Of The Day.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/be-2012-run-job-certain-hourly-intervals-between-certain-hours-day

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2014 has an enhancement to cover this scenario so would recommend an upgrade to BE 2014 - the info posted by lmosla is a workaround for BE 2012 not having the capability