cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs fail instead of running

CASW_Tech
Level 4

We have an issue any time we go out of town and we change the next run time so that jobs do not overwrite the media. This does not work as it runs even if we change that. I was wondering if there is an option that I can select somewhere that will tell the job "If correct media set not found, fail instead of writing" is this possible??
4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
How is the overwrite protection of your media-set configured ?
If the overwrite protection period has not passed, BE should never overwrite the tape.

CASW_Tech
Level 4

When we set those, they cause a whole seperate set of issues.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I was wondering if there is an option that I can select somewhere that will tell the job "If correct media set not found, fail instead of writing" is this possible??

As ZeRoC00L says, if you manage your OPP properly, if the mounted tapes are not overwriteable, BackupExec should eject them and ask for another.  You should be able to set the AutoResponse to "Cancel" rather than "OK" to do what you want to do. 

If your jobs are overwrite, and if BackupExec sees a tape that has passed the OPP, then it will overwrite that tape, regardless of the media set that it currently  belongs to

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited
You can configure Overwrite Protection Period and Append Period while configuring Media Sets.

OPP: Length of time to keep your media safe from being overwritten. It will start after completing the last write on media.
AP   : Length of time that backup can be added to media. Starts when first backup job is written to media.