cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for 2014 expired on 5/10/15, can I still upgrade to 2015 free?

Brendy76
Level 2

Hey guys,

As above, I bought a license inc agents and maintenance etc for 2014, I noticed before the end of the contract expired that I could see that 2015 was available to upgrade to. Having run liveupdate since, that option doesnt seem possible. Does this mean that I cannot now upgrade? Possibly a daft question but thought Id ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You would need to contact or customer care (licensing team) to check this, however I believe if you had maintenance for BE 2014 when we released 15 that would make you eligeable for BE 15 licenses even if maintenance has now lapsed.

If you can login to My Veritas you might find details of your available options (see this process)

https://www.veritas.com/licensing/process/upgrade

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No way to update to a different version via LiveUpdate, what you have is simply a reminder you can update to BE 15.

You MIGHT be a candidate for reinstatement fees having let your maintenance lapse. Best bet here is to contact Symantec's licensing department either directly or through a partner, and see if they will waive these fees.

if not, you need to buy new licenses and download BE 15's ISO file before running the upgrade and putting in the new license file!

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You would need to contact or customer care (licensing team) to check this, however I believe if you had maintenance for BE 2014 when we released 15 that would make you eligeable for BE 15 licenses even if maintenance has now lapsed.

If you can login to My Veritas you might find details of your available options (see this process)

https://www.veritas.com/licensing/process/upgrade

Brendy76
Level 2

Cheers Guys.