cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about VM backup

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi,

I have one vCenter and 2 Backup Exec servers.

• SVR1 installed BE2015
  • SVR2 installed BE2014

Currently, vCenter installed BE2015 agent but to backup VM.

• My question is if SVR2 update to BE2015, can agent on vCenter available to serve both SVR1 and SVR2 ?

Since I want both Backup Exec available to backup VM.

• Otherwise, if keeping current state, can BE2015 agent on vCenter available to backup VM from SVR2 (BE2014) ?

Thanks !

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.

Yes.  The agent on the vCenter machine is to backup the vCenter machine.  It does not play in the backup of the VM's

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...on the RAWS agent of the Virtual Center server and under the Publishing tab, just enter in the IP address of the second BE 15 media server. Also just make sure that both media servers have the exact same patch level as you don't want the RAWS agent on that VC to be out.

I wouldn't suggest backing up the VC running BE 15's RAWS agent with a BE 2014 media server...you are likely to get some sort of compatibility.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.

Yes.  The agent on the vCenter machine is to backup the vCenter machine.  It does not play in the backup of the VM's

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...on the RAWS agent of the Virtual Center server and under the Publishing tab, just enter in the IP address of the second BE 15 media server. Also just make sure that both media servers have the exact same patch level as you don't want the RAWS agent on that VC to be out.

I wouldn't suggest backing up the VC running BE 15's RAWS agent with a BE 2014 media server...you are likely to get some sort of compatibility.

Thanks!