cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore issue

Shahin
Level 6

Hi,

We have BE 15 on a server 2008 R2 that is working for some times without any problem, we have a very strange issue. the media server has Hyper-v agent installed on it, and we can back-up our VM. Today I would try a test restore so I went to that server choose the Hyper-v and when open the Hyper-v I couldn't find the server that I want to restore,I am I also couldnot find 2 more servers. all 3 VM servers are server 2008 R2.

if I want to create a backup I can see these 3 machines but when try to restore them I cannot see them.

Any idea?

7 REPLIES 7

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you sure you have valid backups for these three servers?

Hi,

Yes I am sure, last night I did run a backup for one of these 3 servers.

Problem is that I cannot see these 3 servers in the restore console!! if there wasn't a backup of the VM server, we should still be able to see the VM in the list of the servers.

Thanks

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6

can you see the servers if you select the hyper-v server (with the hyper-v icon, not the normal windows icon) and select a restore, do you see the virtual servers?

when I go to the BE concole, go to list of availble servers, Hyper-v host and choose restore from there I can see 8 virtual servers and not the one that last night I did run a back-up. do you mean this palce?

If I choose to create backup of the Vms of the same host there I can see the missing VM.

Also tried the resotre wizard but the same redult.

Thanks

CraigV
Are you sure the date range for the restore is correct?

sure you can see  it in the attechment

last weekend I did run a backup for the VMs, from the job that we always use to backup the Hyper-v server . now when I go to that server right click and it and try to restore one of the VMs, still I can not see those 3 VM servers! If I right click on the job that last weekend ran and choose "restore from backup sets was created by this job", then I can see all of the servers plus those 3 servers.

What is going on here?

Thanks