cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Protection Confusion

Realmcom
Level 3

Hi All,

I am a bit confused at this error I am getting with Backup Exec 12.5 running on SBS 2011.  This recently started happening and I'm not sure what I'm missing here.  Take a look at the attached screenshot - especially times/dates - and tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that the BEDB is corrupted.  Go to the BE installation directory and use the BEUtility to repair the BEDB.

If this fails to solve the problem, then associate the problem tapes with the retired media set, right-click on them and select delete.  This will delete them from BE.  You then inventory and catalog the tapes again and then put them in the proper media sets.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that the BEDB is corrupted.  Go to the BE installation directory and use the BEUtility to repair the BEDB.

If this fails to solve the problem, then associate the problem tapes with the retired media set, right-click on them and select delete.  This will delete them from BE.  You then inventory and catalog the tapes again and then put them in the proper media sets.

Realmcom
Level 3

Hi pkh,

Thanks for the response.  I am running a repair of the database now and will let you know if that helps or if I need to sort out the tapes into media sets as you have described.

I appreciate your help.

Realmcom
Level 3

Last night's backup was successful.  I will keep monitoring (naturally) however hopefully it is resolved.  If the issue does crop up it may be only some specific tapes as you have mentioned.

Many thanks for the database repair utility information, I was unaware it even existed.