Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if LDFs is generated

msouilhi
Level 3

Spoiler

hello all, 
where could i check  whether or not log data files (LDFs) are generated and created under /var/VRTSvcs/ldf
i know that  VCS_ENABLE_LDF If set to 1, LDFs are generated. If set to 0, they are not, but i am not able to check where this configuration could exist

I am not able to find it and the hamsg utility displays the contents of a specified log data file without precising if  VCS_ENABLE_LDF is set or not

7 REPLIES 7

frankgfan
   VIP   

take a look at this technote

https://sort.veritas.com/public/documents/vcs/6.1/windows/productguides/html/vcs_admin/ch07s06s08.ht...

by the way. hamsg is part of VCS for Windows, this forum is for VCS for Unix.  In future you can post your questions to Cluster for Windows forum.

@frankgfan it's for VCS for Unix. the Cluster in rhel machines that's why i asked here

my question was where i can find the VCS_ENABLE_LDF variable to check if it's set 1 or 0

frankgfan
   VIP   

Defining VCS environment variables

VCS environment variables can be defined in the file vcsenv, which is located at the path
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/.  These variables are set for VCS when the hastart command is run.

To set a variable, use the syntax appropriate for the shell in which VCS starts. Typically, VCS starts in /bin/sh.

Exactly i was checking in the vcsenv. But nothing was mentioned there. Already ldf logs exists here /var/VRTSvcs/ldf. So i am confused because i can't find if the VCS_ENABLE_LDF is set or not.

frankgfan
   VIP   

Well, unfortunately that none of Veritas VCS docs/technotes mention what is the default value for VCS_ENABLE_LDF, what you can do are:

1. call Veritas support and request to tell the default value of VCS_ENABLE_LDF

2.  run a shell command to find out if VCS_ENABLE_LDF is set

3. set up VCS_ENABLE_LDF to 1 and restart VCS to find out if ldfs are generaetd then set the value of VCS_ENABLE_LDF per your need.

frankgfan
   VIP   

have you made any progress on resolving the issue?

If you have a support contract with Veritas, you really should log a case with Veritas technical support requesting Veritas to explain if there is no default value for the variable you mentioned, what is the VCS behavior.  Veritas TSE can review the product source code and share the relevant info.