cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS engine (had) cann't start automatically

Rao_Yunjia
Level 3

this is the only node of the cluster1 that I am trying to start VCS.

as my experience, after SFHA installation, the veritas can start automatically with Solaris OS boot.

the below is the procedure of my operation

1.after SFHA installation, I found it cann't run "vxdisk list" command, it showing "Configuration daemon is not accessible"

so I follow the article and solved it https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH67777

2.then, i completed the synchronization between cluster1 and cluster2

3.when I try to config GCO with gcoconfig, it cann't work as well.at that time,I reboot the Solaris OS once and found it persist after reboot. so I try to start veritas with command "hastart -onenode" then I can config the GCO.

4.I completed all veritas configuration cluster1 and cluster 2 both.

5.I reboot the node of cluster1 and cluster2, after reboot, I found only the host of cluster1 cannot accese by VCS_Cluster_Manager_Java_Console. it show VCS ERROR V-16-10-106. But the host of cluster2 is fine.

please advice me.thanks in advance.

the detail information has been attached in files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

You will need to make "hastart -oneenode" to go into startup scripts (/etc/rc2.d/S99vcs). This is because everytime VCS starts it has to know that there is only one node in the configuration.

Also the GAB configuration in the system must be set to one node. The content of /etc/gabtab should have (gabconfig -c -n1  OR gabconfig -c -x) to allow self seeding.

G

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

You will need to make "hastart -oneenode" to go into startup scripts (/etc/rc2.d/S99vcs). This is because everytime VCS starts it has to know that there is only one node in the configuration.

Also the GAB configuration in the system must be set to one node. The content of /etc/gabtab should have (gabconfig -c -n1  OR gabconfig -c -x) to allow self seeding.

G

Rao_Yunjia
Level 3

1.the existing content of  /etc/gabtab is         cat: cannot open /etc/gabtab

should I delete this content and add    gabconfig -c -n1    into the gabtab file?

2.how to make "hastart -onenode" to go into startup scripts (/etc/rc2.d/S99vcs)? just create file /etc/rc2.d/S99vcs,and add the hastart -onenode into S99vcs?

Rao_Yunjia
Level 3

finally, I create file /etc/rc2.d/S99vcs with content /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hastart -onenode, and chmod u+x

modify the /etc/gabtab as

#cat: cannot open /etc/gabtab
gabconfig -c -n1

it seem work fine.

thank you Mr.Sangamnerkar

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

PLEASE clear the solution for your own post and then mark Gaurav's post as Solution.