cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gabconfig

vucni88888
Level 2

Hi,

If on node i execute gabconfig -cx (only this node is up) then hastart ,then i start other node and gabconfig -cn2  then hastart,the vcs cluster will do things normally(i mean failover)?

In normal state this cluster has 2 nodes.

5 REPLIES 5

frankgfan
   VIP   

If the cluster is a 2 node cluster and both nodes are present normal, you should not run gabconfig -cx.

manually seeding gab port  is only required during cluster maintenance or HAD needs to be started when not ALL THE NODES are present.

yes but if i have node 2 down and on node 1 i execute gabconfig -cx  then hastart ,it will bring the service groups online on node 1.I troubleshoot then node 2 and after everyting is ok,i start node 2 trying to bring it in cluster.

how should i do it?

i mean gabconfig -cn2,hastart on node 2?

frankgfan
   VIP   

if you only want to start up HAD on one node, running gabconfig -cx on that node is OK -  this allows you wo start up VCS on the node and bring service groups online on the node (the SGs will be in auto-disabled mode on the host which is down (not in cluster).

once the second node is ready to join the running node, you can either reboot the second node or on the second node, manually startup gab and had by running the commands below:

gabconfig -c

hastart

with gabconfig -cx on a node,that node will run cluster.If we have 3 nodes in normal vcs,then if i start on other node gabconfig -c will still not have a ha vcs.

right?

frankgfan
   VIP   

when had is up running on node node, on the other nodes, run gabconfig -c should open port a on that node and if there is no cluster config issue, hastart on the node should bring had up on the node.  run gabconfig -a to check GAB ports and node membership/