cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Mailbox kept for how long

azleen-ismail1
Level 0

Hi All,

Currently we have an active 200 mailboxes licensed with EV.cloud and 150 disable mailboxes in archived.

Those active license are going to expired soon. We plan to keep only 80 active licensed and disable the current 120 mailboxes.

Question: Now with new Alta Archiving license, those old 150 disabled mailboxes and 120 going-to-be disabled mailboxes are still able to access by our admin? Veritas will never delete this archived even we kept only 80 mailboxes from now onward?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Azleen-Ismail1,

I am not familiar with the Alta Archiving license yet, but if it works the same as the 'old' license, then you are good. A license is required to archive an active mailbox. if you disable the 120 for archiving, and you have 150 'old'  mailboxes, those 370 belonging archives will be static. The archives themselves will remain accessible for an Admin, or for anyone you give manual permission on those archives. Also, E-discovery will search in those archives (unless you specifically exclude them). 

Regards. Gertjan

meuhassan
Level 4

es, with the new Alta Archiving license, you will still be able to access the old 150 disabled mailboxes and the 120 going-to-be disabled mailboxes. Veritas will never delete these archived mailboxes, even if you keep only 80 mailboxes from now onward.

The reason for this is that the Alta Archiving license is a subscription-based license. This means that you are paying for the right to access a certain number of mailboxes, regardless of whether or not they are currently active.

As long as you keep your subscription active, you will be able to access all of the mailboxes that you have licensed, even if they are disabled.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• The Alta Archiving license is not tied to a specific mailbox. This means that you can move mailboxes between different Alta Archiving licenses without any problems.
  • The Alta Archiving license is also not tied to a specific user. This means that you can assign a mailbox to a different user without any problems.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.