cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Exchange 2010 Mailbox servers/DAG to EV 9.0.2

mandalj
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I have an EV 9.0.2 configured with an Exchange 2003 target. How do I add  Exchange 2010 Mailbox servers with DAG to the EV Site? 

Many thanks in advance for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you need to use the existing VSA and move it's mailbox over.  Follow the steps in the doc for throttling.

Yes, you will create a new system mailbox for that Exchange server.  Do not use the VSA for the system mailbox.

Yes, you should set the SynchInMigrationMode to a value of 1.

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

This should help you understand the next steps:

The attached whitepaper details how to configure Enterprise Vault 9.0 to archive Exchange Server 2010

Attachments

How to configure EV 9 with Exchange 2010
Technical Whitepaper - Enterprise Vault 9 Archiving from Exchange 2010.pdf (703 kBytes)

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144726

mandalj
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Firstly, thank you.  a few follow up questions:

1. Can I use the my existing VSA account (which already has a mailbox associated with it) and migrate that from my Exchange 2003 to 2010? Or is it best practice to create a new account?

2. Do I need to create a new system mailbox on the Exchange 2010, or will the above VSA fill both requirements - as a service account and system mailbox?

3. I also read this article TECH48928, and recommends adding a reg setting before the mailboxes are migrated:

SynchInMigrationMode
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

Is it required and if yes, which value should I choose, so the mailbox being migrated is still assoicated with it's archive?

Many thanks in advance again.

TonySterling

Yes, you need to use the existing VSA and move it's mailbox over.  Follow the steps in the doc for throttling.

Yes, you will create a new system mailbox for that Exchange server.  Do not use the VSA for the system mailbox.

Yes, you should set the SynchInMigrationMode to a value of 1.

Regards,
Tony

mandalj
Level 2
Partner Accredited

EV can now see the Exchange 2010 servers. Thank you for your assistance.