Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Dtrace counters

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I need some advice on the correct counters to monitor with Dtrace for an unusual error

I am getting every 10 minutes at a customer an error 13326 : Unable to create connection to vaultstore xxxx ,followed by a 6479 : Error accessing Vault Store and a 6592: Abnormal Error occurred .All of these errors are logged under the Migrator Category but there are no migrations ongoing at the moment

I have been on the Knowledge base and have tried to recreate ODBC ,but the errors still persist. The strange thing is everything is working fine on this particular Mailbox Archiving server and tools like Deployment Scanner shows everything as fine

What Dtrace counters should I run to understand what is happening more accurately ?

Something else important these errors seemed to only appear when the customer had to fail SQL over to the DR SQL cluster for a day or 2  . SQL is now running back on the Active SQL cluster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You may also want to trace EVMonitoring.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JolaineY
Level 4
Employee

Vault Cache uses Migrator Server.  You could try restarting all the EV services and turning on dtrace for the processes you see referenced in the Event log in the Category field.

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Okay ,that is interesting .I'll look into this

Nice one :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You may also want to trace EVMonitoring.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Yes, as Rob mentioned, EVMonitoring is also used to perform some background processes and it's worth including that, along with W3WP. Actually, come to think of it I put some requests in for 9.0.3, from a DTRACE GUI perspective to include additional areas, one of which is Vault Cache.

You can make a new .ini file in your installation, and copy this in:-

FOR VAULT CACHE
=======================================================
[Description]
Use this script to trace issues with the Vault Cache.

[Commands]
set StorageOnlineopns v
set w3wp v
set MigratorServer v
set EvMonitoring v
set DirectoryService v

log ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Good ini file :)

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Yes I thought so :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Bruce, did you need anything more on this issue?

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys

Sorry for the late response , the error were indeed caused by a SQL permission that wasn't being applied and was due to monitoring

Thanks for the help

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad you got it sorted.