cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default IIS settings/configuration on /EnterpriseVault virtual directory

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As far as I can remember there is a document or technote that list the settings that are required on the /Enterprisvault directory.

So not the components that need to be installed but the settings themselves.

I may be wrong though since I can't find it :)

But if anyone got the settings I'll appreciate getting hold of them.

It's for 2008 R2 so IIS 7.5, if there are differences in regard to the config.

Cheers

Fredrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FreKac2
Level 6

I solved the issue, after aprox. 30mins at the customer.

Lucky to find the issue that quickly but anyway :)

The problem (which we don't know why) was that for some reason the "Physical Path Credentials" was set on the Enterprisevault virtual directory to the service account instead of "Pass-through" (Advanced settings).

So whenever a user accessed the VD the IIS services changed the account to be used to the service account.

None of the other servers had this set so it's really strange, unless someone have been playing around :) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

anything in particular you're looking for? i can reference my test box and check for you.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Have a look at webapp.vbs, that's the vbs file that will create the enterprisevault virtual did and it's default settings
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

FreKac2
Level 6

Andrew, not at the moment, got a strange issue at one customer were the evserver don't impersonate the user correctly (or whatever the problem is). 

E.g. on server1 the user don't get their own archive in the list of vaults to search or AE but on server2 and server3 they do.

The customer have opened a support case and from the traces they have done, the IIS server get the request from the user but in the dtrace it's the service account that try to access the content/archives. On server2 and 3 it's the "user" that tries to access the content/archives in the dtrace as well and on those servers it's working.

The reason for asking about the settings etc. is so that the customer can check those before I go there on Wednesday.

I don't see why they should be differences between the servers but somewere there are.

They should be able to do a side by side comparisson I guess, it was just a thought so that they could go through a list rather than point click on every item :)

JW2,

Thanks, will have a look at the .vbs file.

FreKac2
Level 6

I solved the issue, after aprox. 30mins at the customer.

Lucky to find the issue that quickly but anyway :)

The problem (which we don't know why) was that for some reason the "Physical Path Credentials" was set on the Enterprisevault virtual directory to the service account instead of "Pass-through" (Advanced settings).

So whenever a user accessed the VD the IIS services changed the account to be used to the service account.

None of the other servers had this set so it's really strange, unless someone have been playing around :)