cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 12.5.1 System Mailbox, multiple DAGs, multiple Exchange versions

sime3000
Level 2

Maybe I missed something in the doc but  ...

When adding a new Exchange target, you need to specify the System Mailbox when adding the Exchange server.  If the System Mailbox is in a database that is in a DAG that is currently active on another server, you need to fail over the database to the server that you are trying to add.  I understand all that.

What happens when you have multiple DAGs on different versions of Exchange?  For example, "DAG2013" has Exchange 2013 servers as members, "DAG2016" has Exchange 2016 servers as members and "DAG2019" has Exchange 2019 servers as members.  Do I need three separate System Mailboxes, one in each DAG, to support this with EV 12.5.1  ?  Is this documented somewhere?

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I am not sure EV12.5.1 supports Exchange2019, you might want to check that.

As for your question, the installing/configuring guide states: If you use database availability groups (DAGs) in your Exchange environment, you must create each Enterprise Vault system mailbox in a database that is replicated across the DAG.

You will need an archiving task for each Exchange member of the dag. This means you possibly need to failover the dag to another server, create the task, fail back. Be advised that if a failover happens, this will only be picked up after provisioning runs.

See this link for further information.

Regards. Gertjan

Hello Gertjan,

As mentioned in the original post we're aware of all that and the link to the doc you provided. The specific question we had was :

What happens when you have multiple DAGs on different versions of Exchange?  For example, "DAG2013" has Exchange 2013 servers as members, "DAG2016" has Exchange 2016 servers as members and "DAG2019" has Exchange 2019 servers as members.  Do I need three separate System Mailboxes, one in each DAG, to support this with EV 12.5.1  ?  Is this documented somewhere?

Also, this document indicates that EV12.5.1 supports Exchange 2019.  Enterprise Vault™ Compatibility Charts (veritas.com)  Is that correct?   Does someone have a link to the specific release notes for EV12.5.1 that confirm what versions of Exchange it supports?  

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If it is in the Compatibility guide, it will work. 

Regards. Gertjan