cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Trying to Restore Mail from the Vault - Outlook 2010

trecool
Level 2

We have an Exchange 2010 SP1 Environment.

Enterprise Vault 9.0

Currently, my test user has a policy to Archive everything older than 1 month.

I can see the icons within Outlook indicating an item has been archived.

When searching the Vault Store I can navigate to and download all the archived items.

Additionally, the items were deleted from Exchange (my mailbox size shrank)

At this point, everything "seems" to work fine.  However, when I try to manually recover the item I get the error "Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items.   Select at least 1 archived item, and try again"

Additionally, when I click on the mail in question it says "this mail is "being" archived by Enterprise Vault.  Do not move, copy or delete", which to me would suggest the item hasn't actually been processed yet.

Can anyone help me out here?

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Is the icon for the archived item a shortcut icon, or a pending shortcut icon (clockface instead of arrow)?

The behavior appears to be that you have pending shortcuts. 

How is your safety copy configured: delete after archiving, or delete after backup?

trecool
Level 2

OK, so they have the clock, so at least that makes sense.  

When will these pending messages process?

Where would i configure the Safety Copy?

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

The pending state is in place until the Vault Store data has been successfully been backed up and the Enterprise Vault server has been placed back into read/write mode. Check that your backups have run and also check that the backup state has been cleared at either the Vault Store or the Vault Store group level in the Admin Console