cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading this item

DRH
Level 4
I have a user who is not able to access 5 messages from one user. All of the messages were archived on the same date but she can open other items from the same date. The error at the top of the message say "There was an error loading this item -- some functionality may not be available.

Thanks for the help
7 REPLIES 7

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi DRH

When you say 'access', do you mean just retreiving it, or restoring it. If it is possible and only a 1 off, it is sometimes easier and less time consuming to 'restore from vault' and then re archive it and monitor the situation to see if it happens again.

When you double click on the grey banner with the error message you should get a pop up window giving more detail on the error. What is this error.

Mr Meeker

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Are these select items still stored on disk, meaning the savesets themselves?  If you use the EV Diagnostics, from your client, you can determine the value of these suspect savesets.  Physically go to where this saveset is stored and see if it is retrievable.

fuadsm
Level 3
I am facing the same problem when trying to open an archived item from outlook 2007. The message that I get is as the following:
"There was an error loading this item -- some functionality may not be available."
And when double clicking the error on the header I get the following pop up :
"An internal error occured on the web server.
Error 430 Class doesn't support Automation     "

Regards,

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Do you have a 2K3 client to try and access.  Perhaps it's something peculiar about your 2K7 client.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
DRH

Can you try searching for the message in AE / Web Search?
Can you find them there?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Jae_Bishop
Level 3
Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am having the same exact problem.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As per my previous post, can those items be retrieved using Archive Explorer?
Are those items found in the Index? (Search)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.