cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using FSAUtility -t . The path is not associated with an archived volume

jpicazo
Level 2

Hi everybody,

I have an error using command FSAUtility -t in the following way:

C:\Archivos de programa\Enterprise Vault>FSAUtility -t -s "\\server\old path" -d "\\server\new path"

FSA Data Mover Utility.

Symantec Enterprise Vault.

Copyright (c) 2010. Symantec Corporation.

Restore files

Source      : \\server\old path

Destination : \\server\new path

And we obtain the following error:

Error: The path \\server\old path  is not associated with an archived volume. If you migrated placeholders to this location, let the File Sy stem Archiving task process the volume, then stop the task and re-run this command.

Please anyone can help  and tell me how to solve this error?, Any idea of what can be the problem?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Javier Picazo

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

did you check the following document  

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH72155  ?

jpicazo
Level 2

Hi RahulG,

It is not exactly the same error but maybe related...

Anyway thanks for your help, I will check it.

jpicazo
Level 2

Hi again,

Using the recommendations in link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH72155

We executed the command:

C:\Archivos de programa\Enterprise Vault>archivepoints read  "\\server\old path"

and the result is:

\\server\old path: Archive point on the specified folder does not exist.

However in that path \\server\old path there is a  .jpg file with the archived icon.

Should we recreate the archive point? How can we do this?

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards,

Javier Picazo

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check the properties of your FSA archive volumes and folders if the share you are refering to is/was being archived.

That there is a jpg with archived icon does not say that this folder was being archived, the placeholder may also be moved by a user.

jpicazo
Level 2

Hi everybody,

Sorry ZeRoCOOL,  I do not understand well what you mean...by checking the properties of FSA archive volumes and folders , how do I do that?

Any else recommendation? about if we should  recreate the archive point? and How can we do this?

Thank you

Regards,

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What I mean is that you must doublecheck if the folder/share in question is being archived at all with EV.

Like I said, maybe the shortcut is moved and this folder/share was never being archived.