cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a folder permanently from archive

jain_mitesh4
Level 4

Hi,

I want to delete the folder from archive.I am using Enterprise Vault 9.The folder is having contents so I want to delte the folder with contents.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Jain,

You first have to delete the items from the folder. When the folder is empty, you have to set the following  key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

DWORD - DeleteEmptyFolders

Value - 1

Restart Storage service. When the empty folder(s) are deleted from the archive, the value of the key will be 0.

Regkey on 32 bit system is ofcourse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Jain,

You first have to delete the items from the folder. When the folder is empty, you have to set the following  key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

DWORD - DeleteEmptyFolders

Value - 1

Restart Storage service. When the empty folder(s) are deleted from the archive, the value of the key will be 0.

Regkey on 32 bit system is ofcourse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

Regards. Gertjan

Chau_Tran
Level 4

You'll also have to wait for 32 days until the items are truely deleted before the empty folders are deleted.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47918

2. For EV 8.0 and up the functionality has changed again (due to Vault Cache).  It will be at least 32 days before the items are truly 'deleted' from the database and a folder can be deleted from Archive Explorer using this method.