cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid fileserver

Messner_Michi
Level 3

Hi , I'm using EV v12.3

I would like to move placeholders  from one to an ohter server using the following command

.\FSAUtility.exe -pm -s "\\SVIPCFILE1\D$\Test" -d "\\SVIPCFILE4\D$\Test" -l 0

unfortunately I get the messag:

Error: Invalid fileServer \\SVIPCFILE1.corp.local

I have checked in the dbo.FileServerEntry table and there I can see SVIPCFILE1 as DNSName

Do you have any idea why it does not work ?

Best regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

FSA in general and FSAUtility in particular are very sensitive to machine names. We prefer that file servers be targeted using their fully qualified DNS name, and you'll see that this is what we instruct in the New File Server wizard when you're adding a target.

The DNSName column in the FileServerEntry table is supposed to contain the FQDN, and it looks like yours does not. You may be able to solve this by simply updating that column so it holds the FQDN (SVIPCFILE1.corp.local). I have a vague recollection of solving some cases this way years ago.

--Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

FSA in general and FSAUtility in particular are very sensitive to machine names. We prefer that file servers be targeted using their fully qualified DNS name, and you'll see that this is what we instruct in the New File Server wizard when you're adding a target.

The DNSName column in the FileServerEntry table is supposed to contain the FQDN, and it looks like yours does not. You may be able to solve this by simply updating that column so it holds the FQDN (SVIPCFILE1.corp.local). I have a vague recollection of solving some cases this way years ago.

--Chris