cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuix vs TransVault

Anon_Man
Level 4

Has anyone got any direct experience with Nuix or TransVault to migrate data from on premise Enterprise Vault to Office 365 archives?

Aware of Archive Shuttle is available as well, but would like to concentrate on the above two as those are the two tools Microsoft and their partner will support.
I've heard some of the sales talk and I'm aware that Nuix uses a non native API to extract the data.

So any experiences, good or bad, I'm keen to hear them!

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

We use TransVault and Archive Shuttle and have loads of experience. I thought Nuix was going away from migrations but maybe that's not the case. Is the partner you're working with certified in TransVault migrations or are you on your own for that part?

Anon_Man
Level 4

The partner is certified to work with TransVault, yes.

So far we've been looking at Nuix, although there seems to be some concerns rasied about its effectiveness and integrity of the extracted data.

AndrewB

Have you done any side-by-side comparisons or a POC or anything? What do you like about Nuix?

Anon_Man
Level 4

Actually I came in late in the day to this particular piece of work, so I missed exactly why Nuix was chosen.  I think it may have been partly a partner or MS recommendation.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
If you need any info about Archive Shuttle.. Feel free to shout.
Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To the OP, QUADROtech is a Microsoft Managed Partner and I am pretty sure we are the only MSFT Managed Partner in the migration space.  http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/09/prweb12952709.htm

AndrewB

also important to note that TransVault and Quadrotech are Veritas technology partners and migrations with their tools are fully supported using the EV API. i'm not sure if that's the case with other migration companies.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

I work for TransVault, and am formally a Technical Director in Enterprise Vault engineering.  So if you have any particular questions around TV  please feel free to contact me.

mike.bilsborough@transvault.com

Mike