cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Ingestion

Marco_Randall
Level 3

I'm am experiencing a very slow pst rate of ingestion on my EV servers.  They are currenlty virtual, however I have implemented EV in a virtual environment in the past and have not see this slowness.  The server is ingesting PST's at a rate of 100MB/hr and I think I've read somewhere that the averages for a virtual EV server is around 1-2 GB/hr.  Can anyone shed some light on where I should look in the configurations to open these flood gates to get these numbers up, because I have quite a few large PST's coming into my envrironment and I done forsee user patence coming with them.

2 REPLIES 2

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

What method of import are you using?  The Import Wizard is single threaded and as such has limitations on how much it can process at a time.  The client-side migration is also significantly slower that the server-side migration. 

On your VM servers, are the CPU and Memory dedicated?  This can cause a problem since the VM host will not always respond quickly enough to an immediate demand for additional resources and thus only use the minimal CPU and memory causing serious performance issues. 

If using server-side migration, how large is your PST Temp folder, can it hold several of the large PSTs, preparing them for migration?

Just some thoughts...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with Maxwits that a bit more background information needs to be provided, by the OP.  Can we gather stuff like that?  Along with how busy the EV server currently is, where the PSTs are coming from, what size are the PSTs, are there lots of large items in the PSTs or are they more "regular", etc?

Working for cloudficient.com