Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Task Entry ID from SQL table

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

I have removed/deleted a task from our Enterprse vault environment which no longer had any target associated with it. However the Task Entry ID remains in the dbo.Task table under Enterprise vault Directory SQL database.

I was wondering if there is a clean way to remove the entry from SQL or recommended approach to delete an archiving or journaling task.

Thanks for help in advance

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

I tested same scenario in my test lab and once task is removed from enterprise vault, SQL entries are reflected accordingly. Not sure why this one was left out though.

Either way, I removed the mentioned task Entry ID and Journal task entry ID manually from SQL table and all looks good now.

For those who want to know, the SQL commands I used are:

1. Delete from dbo.JournalTaskEntry where taskID = '<task ID to be determined using table>'

2. Delete from dbo.TaskEntry where taskID = '<task ID to be determined using table>'

Thanks again Rob, you are champ. ;)

I forgot to udpate the other thread we have for provisioning group  queries, that thing is working now too !! Thanks a lot for same.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It will reside in Task and then any of te xxxxxTask tables (IE JournalTask, ArchivingRetrievalTask tables) Just remember if it was an archiving task, you will have two entries in Task table,
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

My question would be ... why do you want to remove them from SQL?

Working for cloudficient.com

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Oh well whenever we restart admin services on Enterprise vault server which holded that task, it generates an event log plus corresponding MOM alert saying "<task entry>" could not be found...

And my fellow team members keep restarting Admins service in cycles as they are unable to filter out which one needs which service restart and why stuff.

it is easy to train them (and they keep forgetting & retrain them) but I thought if I can get it removed from root alas...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So, here is the interesting thing.  I just deleted the mailbox archiving task for one of my Exchange servers, and the entry for the archiving, and the entry for the retrieval task for that server ARE removed from the Task table in the Directory database.

Are you not seeing that then?

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Thanks for the test done Rob

I now feel I might be missing something, here is what I have done so far:

1. Removed the Exchange target which was tied up with Journal archiving task, however related Exchange server and other targets are still there.

2. Made sure queues are all 0 so there are no Un-orphaned queues left, BUT due to same exchange server name all queues are very closly named for other targets as well, so cannot recognize which one to be deleted accordingly.

3. Deleted the Journal archiving task after stopping/disabling same.

Please suggest if there should be any correction in above steps taken.

Thanks

Aj

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Let me try a journal task today .. and I'll let you know my findings.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I removed a journal task, after removing the journal target.. and it cleared up the entries in the task table.

I'd suggest you try creating a new one .. with a new name, and seeing if you can delete that.  You might want to DTRACE:

MMC

DirectoryService 

When you do the delete.

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

I tested same scenario in my test lab and once task is removed from enterprise vault, SQL entries are reflected accordingly. Not sure why this one was left out though.

Either way, I removed the mentioned task Entry ID and Journal task entry ID manually from SQL table and all looks good now.

For those who want to know, the SQL commands I used are:

1. Delete from dbo.JournalTaskEntry where taskID = '<task ID to be determined using table>'

2. Delete from dbo.TaskEntry where taskID = '<task ID to be determined using table>'

Thanks again Rob, you are champ. ;)

I forgot to udpate the other thread we have for provisioning group  queries, that thing is working now too !! Thanks a lot for same.