Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign Omniback permmision to set backup mode

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi,

I've used the following article by Tony Sterling and assigned the Omniback user permissions to set the EV system in backup mode (using pre and post scripts from the omniback system).

As written by Tony, when I ran the ev powershell with the omniback account (run as) and run the pre and post scripts it gave successful result.

when running it from the omniback we are getting the following:

--------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell -PSConsolefile "D:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVShell.psc1" -command "& {Set-IndexLocationBackupMode -EVServerName HFAARC1 -EVSiteName AMEE}"

Set-IndexLocationBackupMode : User does not have permission to change backup mode for index locations. Check permissions for the user's role in Enterprise Vault roles-based administration.

At line:1 char:31

+ & {Set-IndexLocationBackupMode  <<<< -EVServerName HFAARC1 -EVSiteName AMEE}

Successfully set backup mode on all index locations in site 'AMEE'.

----------------------------------------------

I don't see what is wrong since from one hand it gives "user does not have permissions" and on the other hand I see in the end "successfully set backup mode"

any ideas?

Sarah.

4 REPLIES 4

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/issues-backup-user-account

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What version of EV are you running?

In the event in the EV app log what is the user id?  Are you sure it is the same user?

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

and the user is the correct user.

10X

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Just chewcked the EV events, those 2 events were recorded:

Access denied. User is not in a role that allows '{IDX} Can manage Index Location Backup Mode'.

Access denied. User is not in a role that allows '{STO} Can manage Vault Store Backup Mode'.

added the IDX & STO roles as well,

will update tomorrow if it helped.

Sarah.