cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eVault 9 Drive Setup

snowmonger
Level 3

We are wanting to install eVault 9.0 on a win2008 server to use with exchange 2007 and a seperate SQL server. We have read through the documentation but are a little unclear on how to setup the partitions and link the eVault with the SQL server. We have a SAN as I understand it everything should be housed on the SAN, correct...except for the program files and the temp files? If this is the case do the partitions need to be connected to the eVault server or the SQL server or both? What is the most common/recommended drive setup here?

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Everything should be housed on the SAN

When you install EV it will ask you to specify the SQL server name and the location on that SQL server where you want the Databases for EV stored

The Partitions will be SAN disk presented to the EV server as this is where EV will store the archived files as well as the indexes you create

My recommendation is to have separate SAN luns for the partitions, indexes and MSMQ location to give you performance

Also make sure you use a Symantec partner or Symantec professional services to help you correctly size your EV environment to meet your companies needs.

Too many installs go wrong because of improper sizing and planning

snowmonger
Level 3

Yeah, I know. Thats why we're so concerned about the SAN and partition placement. THank you.

snowmonger
Level 3

So the databases should be stored on the SQL Server and not on the SAN?

Also, how many pertitions should there be in total and should they be local or SAN (including SQL)?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The Databases should be on the SAN but on a different LUN for performance

The Partitions recommendations depends on the size of your environment and the amount of data you will be archiving and they should be on the SAN again for performance

This is why sizing your environment is vital to making sure your system performs to your needs