cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliances Unable to Check for Avalible Software Updates

Tim_Summerfield
Level 2

Okay we have about 6 Netbackup Appliances - 5230

We have always used the Application Web Console - Previously but now - Unable to check for Avalible Software Updates on all devices?

Maybe it's a co-incidence but they are running on a couple of different versions  2.6.0.4 and  761

So we can call Test Home - This works fine,  but no update with regard to Software,

We do use a proxy - this is not locked down to IP / Ports out

Normally we would just select   Manage > Software Updates    and from the section haof of the screen 120px_Screen Shot 06-08-15 at 07.29 PM.JPG

Help please - I seriously do not want to manually download 3 splits .. cat > md5 check > yawn,  Thats the whole purpose of buying Appliances.

We tried support however they lead my colleague down the manual update route.

This message is also not v helpfull

From the console option - I tried ..

Download SYMC_NBAPP_update-2.6.0.4-2.x86_64.rpm
Open /tmp/version.check fail or download version file fail by proxy.

Any logs on the appliance that I can check with please?

Is there anything in the SQID proxy logs I could grep for outgoing??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I've posted a little utility here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/windows-vbscript-download-netbackup-patch-kits

...which can be used to download patch kits.

So, to download the v2.6.1.2 'appliance' kits (and not all the other v2.6.1.2 kits), you could:

> mkdir v2.6.1.2

> cscript nbu-kits.vbs -both -version v2.6.1.2 -match appliance -slots 1

...which will download the three appliance 'part' kits for you, sequentially, whilst you get busy doing other things.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sdo

A few months back I checked for, and downloaded the v2.6.1.1 update kit on to a N5220 running v2.5.2.

Today: Whilst it was still running v2.5.2, I did another check and it was unable to list any available updates.  I have just upgraded it to v2.6.1.1 (which went very smoothly), and now whilst it is running v2.6.1.1 it is able to list v2.6.1.2 as available, and has been able to start download of v2.6.1.2.

It would seem to me (in my little dark corner) that the recent Symantec web-site updates may have broken checking for kits for older versions of appliance.

Looks like you are going to have to do a manual download + cat + md5 + upload.

sdo

I've posted a little utility here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/windows-vbscript-download-netbackup-patch-kits

...which can be used to download patch kits.

So, to download the v2.6.1.2 'appliance' kits (and not all the other v2.6.1.2 kits), you could:

> mkdir v2.6.1.2

> cscript nbu-kits.vbs -both -version v2.6.1.2 -match appliance -slots 1

...which will download the three appliance 'part' kits for you, sequentially, whilst you get busy doing other things.

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I've seen a few cases where a proxy was not allowing 443, is that occuring on your site?