cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change domain on 5240 Appliance

PaulStevens
Level 4
Partner

I have a 5240 and need to change it's domain.   First, a little history... the names and IP addresses have been changed to protect the innocent.

Phase 1, the appliance master001 was initially built in olddomain.com to backup clients that were going to be moving to a new domain once it was ready.   So the appliance was named master001.olddomain.com with ip address 20.20.123.126

Netbackup was installed with just the shortname for hostname, so master001

Phase 2, New network domain newdomain.com is built so we added an interface to the appliance for the new domain  30.30.321.456

We can now hit clients in both olddomain and newdomain.  As clients are moved from olddomain.com to newdomain.com we just adjusted the clients in the policies.

Phase 3.  All clients are now in newdomain.com  I was able to add the newdomain nameservers and added newdomain to the search domains.   But it won't let me remove olddomain.com from the search domains, and it won't let me remove olddomain's nameserver.  And it still isn't resolving names from the new nameserver even though it's in there.

Also, I want the appliance to be known as master001.newdomain.com now that it no longer needs to reach into the old network space.  Once all that is accomplished, we will be disabling the original interface plugged into olddomain.com.

0 REPLIES 0