cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view managed devices within NetBackup WebUI and Administration Console

tsysadmin
Level 3

Hello everyone,

We are new to NetBackup and using NetBackup v10.0.

We wish to access the status of managed devices (to view if they are online connected). Alternatively of looking straight at the backup jobs to see if they are online, we like to view their connectivity first.

We can view the clients from OpsCenter, Monitor tab -> Hosts->Client. And to view servers from Monitor tab -> Hosts->Master Server.

Can we see something similar status from NetBackup WebUI and Administration Console? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tsysadmin
Level 3

Thanks. I contacted the tech support and they pointed out that I have to open the Admin Console as Administrator. Right-click on Admin Console icon and select "Run as administrator".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L_BR
Level 5

Use the Java Console instead. You can select multiple clients and it will test the connection to the client. Where as the WEBUI you will have to do it one at a time.

Java Console > Netbackup Management > Host Properties > Clients

kiyan
Level 5

You need to specify what you mean by online, if you follow what L_BR has mentioned in the above, it will connect you to those clients ,clients that are in a policy will show there, otherwise you can choose to connect to any client you want,which have VERITAS Services online .It means if the client is online (live)but the netbackup services are not running , you will not be able connect to that client.alternatively , you can get the list of all clients (and servers) who have got Certificate from master server under the host management.

tsysadmin
Level 3

error.png

I tried clicking to see from Admin console (Java console) but it shows an error "Unable to obtain display for Clients. See log file for details".

Where do I view the log file to understand this issue?

@kiyan Yes thank you, online whether they are connected to the Veritas services. The status of jobs can be viewed separately. 

kiyan
Level 5

which  version of Net backup do you have?
Is it installed on windows or linux?
does this error happen on other windows as well?
did you try to close the console and open again?
did you try to restart services /server to see the results?
usually if you want to find out the issue, you need to enable debugging for the window but then just open a new post for that issue.

Hello @kiyan,

which version of Net backup do you have? 10.0.0.1
Is it installed on windows or linux? Win svr 2019
does this error happen on other windows as well? yes, it happens to another window server 2019 that is doing the replication work.
did you try to close the console and open again? Yes, closed Admin Console and re-opened but still showed same error
did you try to restart services /server to see the results? Could you share what names of services need to be checked if it is running? Before I choose to restart as last option.

Thank you

tsysadmin
Level 3

Thanks. I contacted the tech support and they pointed out that I have to open the Admin Console as Administrator. Right-click on Admin Console icon and select "Run as administrator".