cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Copilot for Oracle - its performance

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

I am wondering what are the speeds you are achieving with Copilot for Oracle on NBU appliances - I am specifically taking about Backup from Snapshot step (its copying the data from share to msdp on the same appliance) - in configuration with NetBackup Copilot with Oracle Accelerator (Oracle's Incremental Merge). In environment I do manage we do have 3 such backups configured. Each is using its own NBU appliance, two streams, NBU appliances are 5250's and I do see such speeds for this Backup From Snapshot step:

• 700 MB/s
  • 396 MB/s
  • 308 MB/s

So out of these three appliances only one is performing well and its a benchmark for the other two which are not even close to first one.

I am wondering what values you are seeing in your environment. Please share if you can.

Also I am wondering how NBU 5350 could have improved above backup approach - as 5250 can only have standard share - while the 5350 optimized share. What is the benefit of the optimized share?

1 REPLY 1

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello 

Small update for interested ones.

After having long lasting case with Veritas now we see throughputs like 1160 MB/s in the same step for the one which had only 308MB/s so now it is 3.7x faster it used to be.

What did the trick is describe here (for me this worked out well ftrunc_up_zfod_alloc=33554432):

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100052156

Unfortunately I had to expire the backup images already stored on this file system (nfs shared)