cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add client

Taff
Level 2

I'm using a netbackup appliace 5230 with the latest software.  When I open the Java console and try to add a microsoft exchange 2013 server into a policy I get an error

Unable to connecct to netbackup host "exchange" please specify the hardware and operating system manually also in the hardware and operating system drop down list I don't see anything past windows x64 windows 2008

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Just use Windows x64.   You don't need to select Windows 2012.  This field is largely cosmetic.  Well, it is at least for your current purposes.

Taff
Level 2

If I select it manually it adds the client but it still WILL NOT CONNECT to the client.  Unable to connecct to netbackup host "exchange" please specify the hardware and operating system manually .  I've tried 2 new clients and I'm getting the same error.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Maybe try un-ticking the 'Detect client operating system' ?

Is "exchange" really the host name of your MS Exchange Server?

Is this a lab environment, or perhaps a exam test environment?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you done all the 'basic' checks? Forward and reverse name lookup between Master/appliance and virtual DAG name as well as all DAG nodes? Have you confirmed that port 1556 is open in both directions between Master/appliance and DAG nodes?