cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITA Job Summary Dynamic Template Customisation

rs19721
Level 3

I've been trying to get to grips with the dynamic template designer in ITA and created a copy of the Job Summary - I am trying to recreate an existing Opscenter report that was based on the All Failed Backups Template.

I've used  a mixture of scoping and filtering to display the relevant columns in ITA and almost there but have got stuck....

1. I can't work out how to change the order of the filtered columns in the ITA report to match the existing Opscenter report

2. A column called "job directory" was available in Opscenter (showed the backup selection of the failed job), I have searched but cannot see anything similar in ITA, is this column available in the ITA job summary template?

Hoping there are some wise people out there who may be able to help.

I have attached a screenshot from Opscenter showing the available columns (including job directory).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

The Job Summary report has different layers for the different products.  When making changes for NetBackup, you should change to that layer/Product before making any other edits.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@rs19721  - I believe the field you want is pathname - you may have to change the Product to NetBackup to see this field in the search.  Also, to reorder the fields, you can drag and drop them on this screen

Robert_Geller_0-1710262247422.png

Thanks, identified the suggested field and have had a few attempts at adding it in, not sure what I am doing incorrectly as it seems to break the report when I add it in, (the results are correct and match the existing Opscenter report without this field) I will try again tomorrow.

What does the pop up "Copy From All" mean when I select Veritas Netbackup as a product? Do I ignore it or click on it?

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

The Job Summary report has different layers for the different products.  When making changes for NetBackup, you should change to that layer/Product before making any other edits.  

@Robert_Geller Thank you, I'm 95% there now with a lot of trial and error, the dynamic template designer is not very user friendly but your suggestions have pushed me down the right path

DPeaco
   VIP   

@rs19721 

the dynamic template designer is not very user friendly - 100% AGREE

In my view and the view of my team while trying to figure it out.....find is almost totally useless in figuring out how to generate the report you already know you want and how you want it. I've read a lot of the documentation but since I'm not a DBA but a Backup Admin, It's like having to learn programming from scratch. I hope it gets better AND easier to use as the product matures.

Thanks,
Dennis