Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding servers to NBU 7.1

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi everyone,

I  just install  NBU 7.1 and i want to add more servers to it, but when im looking for new servers i´m getting an "no ping" error,

maybe there is a tech note saying how to add new servers to NBU???

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Open policy, go to client tab, click new, type in name, hit return, when it says what os, choose the correct unix os from the list.

The policy MUST be of type standard for unix ( you cannot have unix and windows servers in the same policy)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please let us know which OS on your master.

Also let know what kind of SERVERs you want to add - media servers, san media servers (Enterprise Clients), Admin Console Servers?

Is NBU installed on these SERVERs yet?

Have you confirmed forward and reverse hostname lookup between master and new servers?

Maybe start by downloading some NBU manuals: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154178

Start with Getting Started, Installation Guide, Admin Guides, Troubleshooting Guides.

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

NBU is installed on WS 2008, and i want to add a unix based server but in the option to add server i only can see servers that are at the same domain whit the master server, im checking the manuals, thanks for your help Marianne

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't understand where and how you are trying to add the 'servers'.

Do you want to add them as backup clients or do you want to add them as media servers? (The NBU terminology is explained in the Getting Started Guide.)

If you are trying to add backup clients, you need to configure backup policies and add the hostname for the Unix server in the Clients tab. You will need to add hostname manually and ensure forward an reverse hostname lookup is enabled at OS level in all directions (either via DNS or hosts entries).

If you need to add the Unix servers as media servers, please let us know. We will give directions.

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

thanks for your patience and for your help, i need to add a Unix(solaris) to make backups so i think it should be a unix client, how can i add manually a hostname.

again thaks for the help

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Open policy, go to client tab, click new, type in name, hit return, when it says what os, choose the correct unix os from the list.

The policy MUST be of type standard for unix ( you cannot have unix and windows servers in the same policy)