cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR restore issues

khanhb
Level 4

Hi Mandar,

When I boot client to restore OS, In "Partioning Disk" step, the client that is giving me the error "fail to verify backup --rc (131)"

Please to help me to fix this error

Thanks,

Referenced: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/bmr-step-guide

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Please provide full details of your environment - NB versions O/S's involved etc.

khanhb
Level 4

Hi,

I have master and boot server 7.0.1 install on window 2003 64bit. I created 1 policy to backup OS of client:

- Type of policy: MS - Window (checked Bare Metal Restore)

- Backup Selection: All local drive

I create boot CD from SRT. When I boot different client to restore OS. After client recieve IP tao connect with master server, in Partioning Disks step, the client that is giving me the error "fail to verify backup --rc (131)"

Please to help me fix this error

Thanks,

Suchitra
Level 4
Employee

Failed to verify backup is typically seen in case where NBU is unable to locate the backup image.

Looks like you are doing a Dissimilar client restore and am assuming you are restoring another client of the same make/hardware.

If you intend to restore the machine with the same IP address as that of original client but with a different client name, then use "No.Restrictions" touch file on NBU Master Server.

file needs to be created at the location $INSTALLPATH\NetBackup\db\altnames\No.Restrictions.

This will let NBU allow a restoring of backup image marked for A client to B.

Thanks

Suchitra

khanhb
Level 4

Thanks Suchitra,

But I have different error when go to restore file step. "Could not restore system state" error code 37

Suchitra
Level 4
Employee

Just in case you have a multi-NIC system then I'll advise you add a Required Interface setting on the client.

Both rc=131 earlier and then rc=37 ..speculate that this could be one reason.

This will let NBU know which is your "Preferred" IP /interface. BMR also obeys this setting and picks up the right NIC to communicate. More often we have seen cases where this setting causes such restore failures.

You can do this in 3 ways

-Add it on BMR client ( Host Properties->Univeral Settings -> Required Interface ) . That is before backup

-You can also add in the BMR Configuratioin ( Hosts -> Add New Host --> Choose Role ( Client Required Interface). This can be after backup.

-You can temporarily set it in the WinPE registry ( HKLM\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config  -- RequiredInterface = IP address) for this restore session. Note that this will be temporary setting and will not be there after reboot.

Please try this once. I hope this works.

Thanks

khanhb
Level 4

Hi Suchitra,

I'm restoring window OS but speech very slow ~1156 KB/sec (Backup's speech 22456KB/sec). Can I config faster