cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Oracle archive/full db failed to remove, archive-log, from image catalog

albatroz19
Level 5

Hi,
DBA Team stopped oracle db from client A and started to other client B. I've modified the script changing client's name and substuited client's name on policy. Executed backup archive and it fails with this error:

released channel: ch0
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch0 channel at 04/30/2024 15:55:03
ORA-19509: failed to delete sequential file, handle="ctrl_file_1167666787_96570_1", parms=""
ORA-27027: sbtremove2 returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
Failed to remove, ctrl_file_1167666787_96570_1, from image catalog.
ORA-19513: failed to identify sequential file
ORA-27206: requested file not found in media management catalog

On Oracle forum i see this solution:
"The  Net backup team has solved the issue by granting select permission on browsing catalog from netbackup side."

How i can resolve it?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sound like they granted altname permission. It allow server B to see server A backup files. Typical used when cloning databases via restore.

see : Examples of redirected restores | About client-redirected restores | Managing client backups and res...

You likely see "No.Restriction" mentioned, I do not recommend using it, it will allow any server to restore data from any server. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sound like they granted altname permission. It allow server B to see server A backup files. Typical used when cloning databases via restore.

see : Examples of redirected restores | About client-redirected restores | Managing client backups and res...

You likely see "No.Restriction" mentioned, I do not recommend using it, it will allow any server to restore data from any server. 

Hi Nicolai,

thanks a lot.

Regards,