cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup planning.

sagar666
Level 5

1.how many full backups and differention do u recommend for retention period of 2 months. Our users hardly ask for one week old backup.

I planned for one full backups monthly with retention period of 2 months.weekly one  differentional backup with retention period of 2 weeks

Please advise me 

2.What is best time to run catalog backup.Is it recommended that  other process is running during that period?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

I planned for one full backups monthly with retention period of 2 months.weekly one  differentional backup with retention period of 2 weeks

with your approach you loos 2 weeks of data...your iincrmental backups should have the retenction minimum to next full backup...

in my opening you have 2 ways.

1) daily Differential incr with 2 weeks

2)weeky cummulitave incr with 5 weeks

3) Monthly Full with 2 Months

aother

1) daily differential wiht 2 weeks retenction

2) weekly full with 2 months rentection.

best time to run catalog backup is when there is less modification on catalog DB, that is when there is no backups running or less backup running..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

with your approach you loos 2 weeks of data...your iincrmental backups should have the retenction minimum to next full backup...

in my opening you have 2 ways.

1) daily Differential incr with 2 weeks

2)weeky cummulitave incr with 5 weeks

3) Monthly Full with 2 Months

aother

1) daily differential wiht 2 weeks retenction

2) weekly full with 2 months rentection.

best time to run catalog backup is when there is less modification on catalog DB, that is when there is no backups running or less backup running..